Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the VW's I have owned you could roll up/down all the windows buy turning and holding the key in the door without having the car on. Is there something like this possible on the Niro?

It is a pain to keep turning on the car just to roll the windows up when I forget.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is it really a pain to put your foot on the brake and hit the push button start? The fact I don't have to carry around a bulky key is a huge positive.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When you turn off the car, it keeps power to the windows for a short time, like 10 or 20 seconds. So you can still roll them up after you've hit the button and car powers down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd had the same question and was disappointed that this forum offered no solution. So I studied the Niro Features & Functions Guide that I got with the car, and found the answer. Thank goodness, because, yes, this WOULD have driven me nuts.

All you have to do to be able do anything electrical on the car (put windows up or down, listen to radio, etc., etc.), is push the Start Engine button WITHOUT putting your foot on the brake. But, just so you know, when you do this, you will get a "warning" about battery discharge. As I understand it, the battery that runs the engine at times, gets charged as you drive. But if you sit in the car using any of the electrical stuff without the engine running, you are draining the battery. Really hopes this helps & I really hope I'll find an answer to the question that I may have to post (if I don't find it via search).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd had the same question and was disappointed that this forum offered no solution. So I studied the Niro Features & Functions Guide that I got with the car, and found the answer. Thank goodness, because, yes, this WOULD have driven me nuts.

All you have to do to be able do anything electrical on the car (put windows up or down, listen to radio, etc., etc.), is push the Start Engine button WITHOUT putting your foot on the brake. But, just so you know, when you do this, you will get a "warning" about battery discharge. As I understand it, the battery that runs the engine at times, gets charged as you drive. But if you sit in the car using any of the electrical stuff without the engine running, you are draining the battery. Really hopes this helps & I really hope I'll find an answer to the question that I may have to post (if I don't find it via search).
Just pushing the button makes sense in a gas only vehicle so you don't waste gas to listen to radio, etc. But in the Niro, it is better to "start" the car to listen to the radio. When the Niro needs to recharge the battery, the gas engine will kick on for 10-15 seconds and then turn off. You barely burn any gas and you don't have to worry about draining your battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts