Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint on my 2017 Niro looks great except on my roof rails which seems to look faded or abraded away. The endcaps look good, just the body of the racks. Has this happened to anybody else?

·
Registered
790 Posts
You're talking about the silver metallic paint in the rails themselves? I've got ~45,000 miles on my 2018 but I haven't noticed any paint fading anywhere. Is your car normally parked outside and exposed to the sun and weather? That would definitely be harder on the paint. However, modern finishes should be more durable than that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The paint on my 2017 Niro looks great except on my roof rails which seems to look faded or abraded away. The endcaps look good, just the body of the racks. Has this happened to anybody else?
Yes, my 2017 has been like that for almost a year! My door handle fell off in my hand last week. You may want to watch for that to happen as well. It appears it is a common issue caused by an over torqued part in the handle cap. There is not a recall on this, but there is a Technical Service Bulletin. I called my dealership and they refused to replace it since it is not covered under warranty and they don't consider it a safety hazard. I'm getting very disgruntled with my vehicle and I am looking to get something else. Possibly going back to a Hyundai.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here on my 2017 Touring with just 20k on it and always parked inside the garage
The roof rails seem to be completely fading, blotchy and not looking at all good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts