Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,273 Posts
I can't see any benefit. The car's not that far off the ground you need the step, and depending on the fit it might create pockets for dirt and water to collect, potentially a place for rust to start.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know but, I don't have any good ideas for my Christmas presents so I thought they might look cool even if they are not functional. I just wanted to know if anyone else put them on.

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Yeah, might look nice. But I do recall the running boards on my daughter's Routan minivan (now replaced with a Pacifica hybrid) and they were constant ankle knockers. Banged my ankle on them many times. Now my son-in-law's F-350 4x4 absolutely needs them, as that thing has close to two feet of ground clearance and you need the step just to get in. :) I was able to replace the starter without even jacking the truck up at all. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
I put running boards on my Chevy HHR to help save the paint from the winter salt and crap they put on the road here. Worst thing I ever did, hit my legs on them getting in or out, have to step around them all the time. And then they helped rust out the rocker panels.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
41 Posts
I put running boards on my Chevy HHR to help save the paint from the winter salt and crap they put on the road here. Worst thing I ever did, hit my legs on them getting in or out, have to step around them all the time. And then they helped rust out the rocker panels.
You are correct on all counts! Personally don't think the "good look" is worth the upcoming damage to human and vehicle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put runners on a Jeep Cherokee (old XJ) that was not lifted when my wife was pregnant and wanted a little help step. I find them useful now as a place to put your boot when you clean it off before you bring feet into the vehicle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't have any good ideas for my Christmas presents so I thought they might look cool
if it’s cool you want how about those light tubes that mount underneath the car and shine on the road. love the look but i think they’re illegal in some states.

9666AA0A-5CA1-4524-85AE-FD8FB444D970.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
That color would likely be illegal in every state. It's too blue, at least in the photo. Even if they can't be seen from the front, blue is still not permissible on a unauthorized vehicle on a public street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts