Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
He thinks it's the same engine as all the other Kias because they're all labeled with the same 1.6L of displacement. The Rio's Gamma engine is completely different from the Niro's Kappa engine, which uses the Atkinson cycle. Different bore, different stroke. (Kappa = 72 x 99 mm, Gamma = 77 x 85 mm) They aren't even the same displacement, 1.6L is an approximation, but they're actually 1579 cc (Kappa) versus 1591 cc (Gamma).

Bottom line, this guy didn't bother to do his research. That took me exactly 5 minutes to find all that data.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He thinks it's the same engine as all the other Kias because they're all labeled with the same 1.6L of displacement. The Rio's Gamma engine is completely different from the Niro's Kappa engine, which uses the Atkinson cycle. Different bore, different stroke. (Kappa = 72 x 99 mm, Gamma = 77 x 85 mm) They aren't even the same displacement, 1.6L is an approximation, but they're actually 1579 cc (Kappa) versus 1591 cc (Gamma).

Bottom line, this guy didn't bother to do his research. That took me exactly 5 minutes to find all that data.

He didn't say that and so what, he didn't mentioned Atkinson and anyway he gave it high marks. He's not your typical Auto reviewer and his Video Production is top notch if you bother to watch his other reviews. He gives you honest pros and cons and leaves it up to you....................................................

·
Registered
109 Posts
He didn't say that and so what, he didn't mentioned Atkinson and anyway he gave it high marks. He's not your typical Auto reviewer and his Video Production is top notch if you bother to watch his other reviews. He gives you honest pros and cons and leaves it up to you....................................................
I can get honest pros and cons, along with actual accurate information, from guys like Alex on Autos, TFLCar, Redline, Roadshow, and a host of others. If SavageGeese wants my views they can spend a little time fact-checking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can get honest pros and cons, along with actual accurate information, from guys like Alex on Autos, TFLCar, Redline, Roadshow, and a host of others. If SavageGeese wants my views they can spend a little time fact-checking.

If I want stats, I go to Alex, if I want Honest, seat of the pants reviews I go to Savagegeese plus his Cinephotography is right up there with the old BBC Top Gear/ Grand Tour............................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts