Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I FINALLY saw another Niro on the road last week! I pulled up right next to him at the stop light and sat there, waving furiously to my "Niro owner in arms"....but I couldn't get his attention. That's the first other Niro I've seen in the Atlanta area since I bought mine 7 mo. ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've only seen two Niro's other than mine here in the DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia area and this is Prius country! I think the only place where there are more Prius'es(?) is California! I'm sure low gas prices have caused a slump in hybrid sales and I think Kia doesn't have the reliability track record of Toyota even though Kia has been #1 in initial quality for the last 2 years. I'm hoping the Niro will add to that statistic. No doubt Toyota has proven itself in terms of reliability. My wife has had a Corolla since 2009 with zero issues. On the other hand, my Prius left me stranded last fall when one of the hybrid components failed. Fortunately, it was covered under the warranty and I never had any other problems with it. Let's hope the Niro will do even better!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been driving Toyotas and Hondas for the past 2 decades. Niro is so much cuter than Prius though...ha ha. I was in Japan this summer and mentioned to my host family that I had a new car in the US...a Kia. They had never even heard of KIA, let alone a Niro!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've only seen 2 other Niro's on the road. One is the one my father bought a month after I got mine and I saw the other parked on a street near my home.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've seen 7 in the wilds of Florida, one in the Upper stretches of the UP in Michigan....but I was driving a rental car in Michigan...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hadn't seen a Niro for months since the car launched in the US. The week after I purchased, I spotted an Espresso Touring model pass me in the fast lane. They looked as though they've spotted their first other Niro on the road. After that I've spotted a silver EX or LX at Costco. The driver looked surprised to see another Niro. The last was a black pearl Touring model headed in the opposite direction. I haven’t seen any since. I'm in Sacramento.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called my tire place to make an appt (about a very slow leak in one of the tires) and he tried to tell me there was no such thing as a Kia Niro. Asked me to repeat myself a few times. What a ding dong!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I called my tire place to make an appt (about a very slow leak in one of the tires) and he tried to tell me there was no such thing as a Kia Niro. Asked me to repeat myself a few times. What a ding dong!
LOL....I love it when they argue with you like you don't know what kind of car you drive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was looking hard before I bought and hadn't seen any on the road here in central Texas. Still haven't seen another one on the road since I bought. I know that they have been selling at the dealers.

I have to say that filling up for under $20 bucks is nice!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've still only seen one in the wild.

I also notice the LX I have been looking at for weeks is still on the lot. I don't think there are selling that well in AZ.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've seen one right in front of me in traffic! Just one. My local dealer said in mid July (when we bought ours) that they had sold 13 Niros since March, and this is a rural area. Apparently they were getting praise from Kia and dealership headquarters (factoring in population of course). I believe them because when I first went to this dealership in the end of June, they had about 3 on the lot, after we bought ours, all the Niros at this dealership disappeared, and they just announced on their Facebook page that the just received 5 new Niros in stock, and I saw them on my last drive by. I suspect that the Niro is getting a lot of "word of mouth" referrals as well as developing a cult following, strange for such a new kid on the block. I guess the "anti Prius" factor is working to Kia's advantage here. We are very pleased with this Niro so far!!! and the Kia build quality, at least the "feel", so far, is rock solid, high quality. Hopefully we will continue with the blissful romance. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I saw the first other Kia parked two spaces away from mine when I returned to the airport parking. Saw another pulling in to a store as I was coming out, and one driving down the highway. That's three since I bought mine in May. I rather like the idea of still being exclusive!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts