Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Niro EV EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2020 niro ev ex. I go into setting and set the brake regen to level 3 for all 3 modes but every time I restart the car it goes back to regen level 1 for normal driving. Why is it not saving the setting? Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
That's how they made it. Not a sticky setting. Same complaints from Ioniq owners.

·
Registered
2020 Niro EV EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's how they made it. Not a sticky setting. Same complaints from Ioniq owners.
That’s disappointing. I wish it would stick. Has anyone written to Kia about this?

I also noticed that auto hold does not stay on either. You have to turn it on each time you turn on the car. Unless I am missing a setting some where.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, you can set the default regen levels for each driving mode in the Setup menu in the infotainment screen.

True that the Auto Hold does not stick.

·
Registered
2020 Niro EV EX
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, you can set the default regen levels for each driving mode in the Setup menu in the infotainment screen.

True that the Auto Hold does not stick.
correct.But it doesn’t save the default regen levels after you turn off your car

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time Poster here please be gentle.

I bought my 2020 Niro PHEV Touring about 10 days now, when I first was playing with the settings I stumbled upon the regen breaking menu/selections, but now for the life of me I cannot find again. The Manual appears to not be much help. Can any of you kind people tell me how I get back to the regen level menu? THANKS!

·
Super Moderator
978 Posts
First time Poster here please be gentle.

I bought my 2020 Niro PHEV Touring about 10 days now, when I first was playing with the settings I stumbled upon the regen braking menu/selections, but now for the life of me I cannot find again. The Manual appears to not be much help. Can any of you kind people tell me how I get back to the regen level menu? THANKS!
Welcome to the forum!

Perhaps they've changed something for the 2020 (and that's certainly possible), but the 2019 PHEV doesn't have any settings for regen braking. For the EV, yes, but not the PHEV. I'm thinking perhaps the menu you found was for something other than regen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts