Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daylight Savings Time is over. All my clocks and watches show the correct time except the one in the Niro. I went to the big owner's manual. Nothing listed under "clock". Gee, maybe Koreans call them "time pieces" like my grandmother used to. Nope. Nothing there, either. Okay, some young person probably has already figured out how to correct the device that is suppose to tell me what time it is. Help me please, someone. Anyone? Make it simple, please. Very simple!:|

·
Registered
26 Posts
Daylight Savings Time is over. All my clocks and watches show the correct time except the one in the Niro. I went to the big owner's manual. Nothing listed under "clock". Gee, maybe Koreans call them "time pieces" like my grandmother used to. Nope. Nothing there, either. Okay, some young person probably has already figured out how to correct the device that is suppose to tell me what time it is. Help me please, someone. Anyone? Make it simple, please. Very simple!
Hit the set up button, you will see date and time. Its easy to change. There is a check box for daylight savings. Who ever set my clock didn?t check that box but of it was checked I would assume the time would change automatically.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On my EX all I do is tap on the time on the screen and it opens up a new menu from which you can set the time. (I had looked in the setup but did not see a menu for clock setting, hence reason I did it right on the screen itself)

·
Registered
221 Posts
I went to the big owner's manual. Nothing listed under "clock". Gee, maybe Koreans call them "time pieces" like my grandmother used to. Nope. Nothing there, either.
The big owners manual doesnt cover the multimedia system - e.g. the 7 or 8 inch screen to the right of the steering wheels. Theres a multimedia system manual or some name like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The info is on page 9-11 of the UVO System User's Manual.

"Clock Settings
Configure the settings for time and date.
Using the arrow buttons, you can change
the values. Clock settings do not automatically
change when crossing into different
time zones. The time must be changed
manually on this screen."

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hit the set up button, you will see date and time. Its easy to change. There is a check box for daylight savings. Who ever set my clock didn?t check that box but of it was checked I would assume the time would change automatically.
Apparently not. Apparently this checkbox just says whether daylight savings is currently enabled, not whether to auto-adjust. So I could just uncheck the box to adjust the time... I guess it's for people who have trouble knowing whether to hit up or down ;-).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I found it very odd that the Niro didn't automatically change the clock for daylight savings time ending when they have an option to turn daylight savings time "on" and it knows the date. The navigation auto-adjusts between day and night backgrounds because of this but it has no effect on the clock. Very odd.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I found it very odd that the Niro didn't automatically change the clock for daylight savings time ending when they have an option to turn daylight savings time "on" and it knows the date. The navigation auto-adjusts between day and night backgrounds because of this but it has no effect on the clock. Very odd.
The only reason I can imagine is because, periodically, like happened not to long ago, Congress changes the rules on when it starts and ends. If you had a car at that point it would be changing on you on the wrong day. Not sure if the Niro can Over-the-Air update anything like that... but if not they probably decided they'd rather annoy everyone a tiny bit for sure, then annoy everyone a ton maybe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts