Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed twice now, when I have to "slam" on the brakes, there is a lot of movement of the whole car from left to right while it's stopping...like, enough that I'm not in control and move OUT of the lane I'm in. It really scared me. I have never had a car that did that before. Should I take it back to the dealer? Is this a problem others have had? I was gonna post on the "problems" board, but this one seems to get more viewers....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds similar to a Jeep Wrangler's death wobble and it's usually in that model or other cars with a solid axle. Neither of which applies to the Niro I believe. That's weird.
Best to take it to the dealership and have them take a look to see what's going on under there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the same problem in my previous vehicle, it was due to the worn out of my brakes. However, I'm not sure that this applies to you. You better check it with your dealer.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Guess I have never had to slam on brakes with the NIRO and have a hard time thinking when I ever did with any car.

Basically, I try to follow the 3 second rule. Not saying I am perfect angel driver, I am not perfect but try at least as I have aged ,79 now, and hopefully matured with driving. Course, I did plenty of crazy stuff when younger. Lucky to survive and not be involved in serious accident.

That said, I would definitely go to dealer and inform KIA Customer Service as the same time. Maybe, get Dealer Mechanic to go with you someplace safe (parking lot) and DEMO THE BRAKES.

That is some SERIOUS STUFF (maybe ABS not working correctly).

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've noticed twice now, when I have to "slam" on the brakes, there is a lot of movement of the whole car from left to right while it's stopping...like, enough that I'm not in control and move OUT of the lane I'm in. It really scared me. I have never had a car that did that before. Should I take it back to the dealer? Is this a problem others have had? I was gonna post on the "problems" board, but this one seems to get more viewers....
This happened to me when the collision avoidance system kicked in. The Niro slammed on the brakes and jerked to the right. Then it took 1-2 seconds of pressing the gas before it started to move forward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts