Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Brought my Niro to northern Minnesota for the week.
Loved the ride. Took a hit with gas mileage due to the load but all in all not too darned bad. Hated seeing her that dirty though. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Our '18 EX Premium PHEV. Not my first choice of color, but is was the only EX Premium in the Mid-Atlantic so it's perfect. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here is my Canadian 2019 Kia Niro EV SX Touring (and my wife's 2019 Kia Soul EV Luxury). No more gas since May 6th.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm the VP of a local/regional electric vehicle club called the Blue Ridge EV Club based out of Asheville, NC. The middle picture is my PHEV Niro at a car show in Blowing Rock, NC. First pic is the Niro plugged up in front of my apartment garage. 3rd pic is the Niro parked at a charger at Ingles Grocery.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
TheSilverFlash;76753the Blue Ridge EV Club based out of Asheville said:
Home of Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack :).

I lived in NC for four years and I fell in love with the weather and rustic mountains views and friendly people. Asheville is on my list of city to retire.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Asheville has one of the best contra dances in the country. I've always wanted to work there (I'm a travel nurse) but the opportunity has never emerged at the right time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was running some errands this summer and when I left the store I discovered I had a choice! (Mine's the one on the left.) This has never happened before or since. In fact, here in Minnesota, I can say I've only seen a handful of Niros in the year that we've had the car.

I didn't hang around to meet the other owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts

Sorry it's dirty, but I haven't taken pics of my new 2019 S Touring Ecohybrid Niro, after a bath yet. I got it on 03/16/20 and love it. I'm a faithful Kia owner for 7 years now, and won't own anything else. Here in Kansas (US) where I live, Niro's are getting more and more popular. I see the same 3 or 4 everyday on my daily commute to and from work. I also see new ones popping up daily.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I'm not a fan of low profile tires, but your wheels do look well proportioned on your car, perhaps because the dark car paint doesn't shift attention to them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not a fan of low profile tires, but your wheels do look well proportioned on your car, perhaps because the dark car paint doesn't shift attention to them.
I wasn't a fan of low profile tires either til I owned a 2016 Kia Forte EX, which I bought new. I was really concerned about accidentally hitting a pot hole and damaging the tire or rim, but neither happened. Also I was worried about how they'd perform in winter weather or on wet roads. They performed very well in both conditions, so I don't mind low profile tires. My Niro came with Michelin tires on it, which from previous experience, love the ride, quietness, long tread wear, and fuel economy i get out of them. They are terribly expensive compared to other brands, but well worth the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Benefits of low profile tires are mostly looks (for those who like the looks). They do handle better than standard tires (not too many owners drive crazy in hybrids though), but at considerable downside. They cost more, produce more road noise and less comfort, and are significantly less efficient. I've recently discovered that the tread warranty is lower as well (not sure I understand why on that point). As I said, not a fan. Everyone of the points I just described would be a deal breaker for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts