Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, need some help. My wife wants the ex phev. Problem is we can't find any in our area. Our local dealer called us and told us they're getting 6 2018 phev in this month and wants us to put down a non refundable $1000 deposit. My concern is that if we do this well have no room to negotiate on anything but on the other hand it seems like no one can find one of these for sales so I'm sure the dealers aren't knocking anything off the price.

I'm on cape cod ma. I called 4 other dealers in NH, ri and ma but no one has any and doesn't think they're getting any but supposedly 2019s are arriving soon.

Does anyone know what the 2019 phev arrival date is? Should we put a deposit on the 18? Have folks here been successful in getting any discounts? Any other advice?

TIA

·
Registered
109 Posts
Never put down a non-refundable deposit, ever. Agree to put down a refundable deposit. If they're not willing to do so, then walk away. You're right, with that, they have leverage to force a price on you. They can also force you to take a model you don't want. I notice they said they're getting 6 PHEVs in this month, did they say how many of them would be EX Premium PHEVs? I bet one, if they're lucky. They're likely not lucky, PHEV EX Premiums still don't seem to be making it much past the Rockies. If they don't get an EX Premium, you're stuck taking an LX or a straight EX, or walking away from $1000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never put down a non-refundable deposit, ever. Agree to put down a refundable deposit. If they're not willing to do so, then walk away. You're right, with that, they have leverage to force a price on you. They can also force you to take a model you don't want. I notice they said they're getting 6 PHEVs in this month, did they say how many of them would be EX Premium PHEVs? I bet one, if they're lucky. They're likely not lucky, PHEV EX Premiums still don't seem to be making it much past the Rockies. If they don't get an EX Premium, you're stuck taking an LX or a straight EX, or walking away from $1000.
We're actually interested in the EX , which they're supposedly getting 6 of.of which two have deposits. They said they're getting 18 in total but they told my wife this and I don't know howamybare plugin or of they're all plug in.

The non refundable deposit is really obnoxious. We did call a different Kia dealer and they said it was a Kia corporate thing. my wife went back to the Kia dealership and tried to get a refundable deposit and they agreed to a $500 non refundable. Better but still annoying. It seems like they're selling like hot cakes so it doesnt seem like we'd have any leverage anyways but I def agree that they can and probably will pull something sheisty when it comes time to purchase.

·
Registered
452 Posts
We're actually interested in the EX , which they're supposedly getting 6 of.of which two have deposits. They said they're getting 18 in total but they told my wife this and I don't know howamybare plugin or of they're all plug in.

The non refundable deposit is really obnoxious. We did call a different Kia dealer and they said it was a Kia corporate thing. my wife went back to the Kia dealership and tried to get a refundable deposit and they agreed to a $500 non refundable. Better but still annoying. It seems like they're selling like hot cakes so it doesnt seem like we'd have any leverage anyways but I def agree that they can and probably will pull something sheisty when it comes time to purchase.
The dealer sent me the Monroney window sticker pdf showing VIN and features before we made a 500 non refundable deposit .

Ask for the Monroney before making a deposit.

Yes, they are selling well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The dealer sent me the Monroney window sticker pdf showing VIN and features before we made a 500 non refundable deposit .

Ask for the Monroney before making a deposit.

Yes, they are selling well.
Yes, they are selling well. We had to go out of state. The instate dealers all said Kia was prioritizing "green" states (e.g.CA) and they couldn't order a car for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts