Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have numerous vehicles, so rather than purchase a Sirius subscription for each, I have an unlimited account from years ago that I use to stream in whatever car I am in. However, Sirius app does not work well on my 2018 Niro and iPhone with the latest beta of IOS 12. Works fine on my phone, but connect to Niro, app will either not connect or just flash like it is connected but not work. Anyone have any luck with CarPlay and Sirius app?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Sounds like a conflict with the built in Sirius app of the car (it perhaps cannot be called an app since it is well integrated with selecting radio stations). One workaround would be to turn off CarPlay in the car settings - then Sirius will work through USB. Another would be to run audio through the audio minijack. Finally, you could call Sirius to resolve the conflict between two of their apps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like it worked fine until you installed the beta iOS. If you backed up prior to updating just revert back to iOS 11. The price of being on the bleeding edge. I can give it a try in my car as I am running the beta as well and have a Sirius streaming account... just don’t use it in the car as I have a subscription for the car. I can see if I get the same results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts