Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Snow tire setup F/S

6K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  yticolev 
#1 ·
Hello all...I am relocating Cleveland Ohio to Jackson Mississippi in 3 1/2 weeks.
Won't need these any longer lol

This is the winter set up I started using last year on my 2017 KIA Niro.

FOUR WHEELS - FOUR TIRES - SENSORS INCLUDED

Wheels: Original factory polished OEM KIA 16" rims: 114.3 x 5 and 45mm offset.
Near mint condition.
Includes factory pressure sensors.
Brenthon center caps.

OEM tires that came with them sold last summer.
Tires: Michelin X-Ice Green Low Rolling Resistance snow tires.
These tires are guaranteed to maintain the 45-55 MPG the Niro normally gets on the factory summer tires.
Used one winter - roughly 8,000 miles.

Be ready for next winter, these really make the Niro HOOK and STOP on a dime.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Please buy them! It will save me from making an insulting offer. Very fair price as is though. New tires mounted/balanced would be $500 and these are only 20% worn. So the rims are basically free (or the tires are free depending on how you like to look at it). Pressure sensors worth another $50 to $100.

#13 ·
I used to believe that too. I never ran winter tires until around 2006 during a heavy winter in the inland northwest. A lot of roads didn't get plowed and the packed snow turned to an ice-like ice.
I got a set of Bridgestone REVO1 (the best winter tires I've ever had) and the difference was night and day. It was like having studs. Amazing.

I run BFG G-Force Comp2 A/S in my Soul now, they get a pretty decent winter rating. So I left them on at first snow last year just to see.
No, they are in no way comparable to my Bridgestone Blizzak WS80. No way.

#11 ·
I should have prefaced my situation. I drive...a lot! I had to ditch my WRX for something I never imagined. 185 miles a day runs its toll on the wallet.
Most people don't have that much daily dash time. And as much as I enjoy the Niro, its sketchy driving aggressively in 4 to 6 inches of snow with wrong wheel drive for 90 mile spurts.
Ohio is terribly unpredictable.

And yes...I sold my WXR in world rally blue for a woman.
I now have NEITHER in lieu of a Niro???

So buy my wheel package ?

#12 ·
I wish I could buy this, it's a really great deal!

I used to have a WRX too, fun cars :) I got my Niro under similar circumstances, my long commutes were costing me a fortune in my Audi. Needed something practical, albeit definitely not the kind of car I would typically buy. I kept the Audi but I haven't really driven it much in the last 9 months since I got the Niro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.