Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, when I start up in a cold temperature, the temperature shows up with a little white snowflake and a tiny little "chime" sounds. Anyone know what this is supposed to indicate?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just a guess, It's cold outside.....freeze warning........it's gonna get colder than a witches tit.....
My ex Leaf had that kinda thing..... I came from Wisconsin, I have lived in -37 below ), not windchill, but -37 below... it's why I live in Los Angeles...

This is cold.....

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Happens when the weather gets below 40 degrees. Telling you that you should have warn your jacket or to turn on the heated seats. :)
Lately, when I start up in a cold temperature, the temperature shows up with a little white snowflake and a tiny little "chime" sounds. Anyone know what this is supposed to indicate?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes it comes on when it’s 39 deg F or lower (or something similar Celsius I’m sure). It’s warning you the roads may be getting icy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn't chime until I've been driving for a couple minutes, tho... which seems strange, but okay. thanks, all!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just a guess, It's cold outside.....freeze warning........it's gonna get colder than a witches tit.....
My ex Leaf had that kinda thing..... I came from Wisconsin, I have lived in -37 below ), not windchill, but -37 below... it's why I live in Los Angeles...

This is cold.....
That is mind numingly cold. My hat's off to the hardy folks who live up in places like that year round, like UP Michigan. They have two seasons- summer, and preparing for winter. The coldest I ever experienced was -39F, but that was with windchill. Some friends and I drove out to the point where the Bay and river meet, and walked out to the end of the point. When we got back in the car, nobody could talk for about 5 minutes, until our brains thawed out.
Still, some people acclimate to it and thrive. It's a fact worldwide that people in cold climates live longer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It doesn't chime until I've been driving for a couple minutes, tho... which seems strange, but okay. thanks, all!
Do you park in a garage?
Since I do, I've been paying closer attention... and yes, since the garage is 20 or some degrees warmer than the outside, it can take at least a minute or two for the thermometer to adjust to the outside temp and get down to 39 and chime. Depends on the outside temp of course... on the couple days we've had where it's really cold (20s or less), it will hit 39 before too long and chime, but when the outside temp is mid 30s, yeah it takes a while to hit the 39 warning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This is cold.....
Yep, Minnesota here...seems kind of humorous from our perspective since we already know it's cold. **** cold. Lows in the minus single digits expected for this Christmas, so not too bad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Grew up around Duluth, MN in the 1940s. Don't think wind chill had been invented yet. Recall seeing thermometer at -40 degrees. I'm thinking people there don't live longer. It just seems longer when you are freezing your donkey off waiting for spring!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts