Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion or information on options for spare (donut) tires for the PHEV 2018 Nero Model? I purchased my Nero PHEV in April 2018 and just experienced my first flat tire. After the hassle of trying to use the Kia roadside service (2+ hours to wait for tow) I used AAA, who came in 20 minutes. I would much prefer to have a spare with me, but it didn't come with one and really doesn't have the space for one. What have others done? Thank you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah unfortunately you're storage options for a spare are relatively limited and I haven't seen any aftermarket mounts of any kind yet. Maybe we'll see a proper tail gate system in the future, should it become a common criticism.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been driving for 28 years and have never had to use a spare tire. I live in the Los Angeles area and drive on paved roads, so I understand that other people may not be so lucky, but I think most people are like me as well. With cellphones and roadside assistance, there is really little reason to carry a spare in most cases anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts