Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Judging from pictures I have seen online and comparing to the PHEV, I am under the impression the EV can fit a full spare tire under the cargo floor by removing the factory Styrofoam insert. I have read online various people doing this, however it is unclear that they were specifically referencing a PHEV or HEV model, and whether the EV and PHEV space under cargo is identical. Does anyone have thoughts or knowledge on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a used 2019 HEV and realized that's there's no spare tire. I've seen the spare rim/tire kit available for sale on line but want to know if I was to place the spare with kit in the center of the rim, will I still be able to place the styrofoam insert under the cover? Or will it be spare, then just cover.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Go to the dealer and see if it fits.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The styrofoam insert is just an organizer if you don't have a spare.

·
Super Moderator
1,156 Posts
I just bought a used 2019 HEV and realized that's there's no spare tire. I've seen the spare rim/tire kit available for sale on line but want to know if I was to place the spare with kit in the center of the rim, will I still be able to place the styrofoam insert under the cover? Or will it be spare, then just cover.
I don't believe the Styrofoam insert will fit with the spare in place. It's either/or, not both.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Donut spare fits easily when you Take out the Styrofoam. CDA69990-325D-431E-8981-BD01D65C2087.jpeg
35B000B9-F156-4495-8AC4-AFCBA0FD1DB9.jpeg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nick can you explain your pictures? Looks like you removed the rear seat cushion to allow the rear seat backs to fold down flat, but there seem to be other mods.

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts