Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Niro Phev. I bought it used in Phoenix in April. The issue I have is with spotify over Blutooth cutting out. I seem to notice it most when the car has been running for about 10 minutes and especially when its hot outside, so the most during midday. Blutooth seems to work otherwise, radio works, and no problem with screen.

Is there a fix or just work around like an aux or USB cable?

I'm a courier and drive multiple hours a day in F250 transit van with no issues with Spotify.

Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have a 2018 Niro Phev. I bought it used in Phoenix in April. The issue I have is with spotify over Blutooth cutting out. I seem to notice it most when the car has been running for about 10 minutes and especially when its hot outside, so the most during midday. Blutooth seems to work otherwise, radio works, and no problem with screen.

Is there a fix or just work around like an aux or USB cable?

I'm a courier and drive multiple hours a day in F250 transit van with no issues with Spotify.

Thanks
I can't speak to Spotify since I'm a Pandora guy but I haven't had any issues with Bluetooth in my '18 PHEV. Now, I generally plug my phone in to the USB port so I can use Android Auto so that may be part of it.

Reactions: mrohrs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I will more then likely end up doing that. I just want full functionality especially while under warranty.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I will more then likely end up doing that. I just want full functionality especially while under warranty.
The other benefit to plugging the phone is that it stays charged on long trips. Plus, I vastly prefer Google Maps vs. the built in navigation.

Good luck with the car and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
For me, volume is far better plugged into USB than BT. And if I want maps on the display, that requires plugging in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts