Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more of a cosmetic issue. In the last month, our front driver seat has developed quite the squeak. When we stop, or upon starting, 'squeak squeak squeak'. I don't see any adjustment to stop this (it is a SE with tech package so has the 8-way front driver seat). Sort of annoying for a car under a year old to have this. Anyone else experiencing this? If so, anything simple to correct it?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Sounds like one of the seat motor gears need lube. Or more precisely, were not lubed properly during manufacture. There won't be a service procedure for this, but it could be a warranty issue resulting in seat replacement.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great ideas! But it may not be so complicated. Now that the weather is warmer here in Ottawa Canada, I snooped around beside the drivers seat, underneath, and in back. To recap, in the last month, every time I started or stopped, which means the seat is moving a bit, creak creak squeak squeak. As I was looking I found that the back of the seat, which is a large hard plastic piece, would make that creaking sound when I pushed it in (and not with much force at all). Note the passenger seat also has this large plastic but with a mesh stuff-holder. So after pushing on that back plastic piece a few times and saying "hmm I need to think about this and see how that can be secured better - later" I went away. When I went out this afternoon - HEY no squeak or creak! I am embarrassed! All I did was push that plastic piece in a few times (I gave it a massage). No more creak! So highly technical

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's better than the guy who kept hearing a clicking sound when he went over a bump and thought it was his suspension, but later found it was his sunglasses in the holder clanging around!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.