Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is more of a cosmetic issue. In the last month, our front driver seat has developed quite the squeak. When we stop, or upon starting, 'squeak squeak squeak'. I don't see any adjustment to stop this (it is a SE with tech package so has the 8-way front driver seat). Sort of annoying for a car under a year old to have this. Anyone else experiencing this? If so, anything simple to correct it?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Sounds like one of the seat motor gears need lube. Or more precisely, were not lubed properly during manufacture. There won't be a service procedure for this, but it could be a warranty issue resulting in seat replacement.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Might also want to check that the seat hold own bolts are all tightened. If one came loose (and it should never happen) it might make noises when your body weight shifts on the seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great ideas! But it may not be so complicated. Now that the weather is warmer here in Ottawa Canada, I snooped around beside the drivers seat, underneath, and in back. To recap, in the last month, every time I started or stopped, which means the seat is moving a bit, creak creak squeak squeak. As I was looking I found that the back of the seat, which is a large hard plastic piece, would make that creaking sound when I pushed it in (and not with much force at all). Note the passenger seat also has this large plastic but with a mesh stuff-holder. So after pushing on that back plastic piece a few times and saying "hmm I need to think about this and see how that can be secured better - later" I went away. When I went out this afternoon - HEY no squeak or creak! I am embarrassed! All I did was push that plastic piece in a few times (I gave it a massage). No more creak! So highly technical

·
Registered
54 Posts
Totally technical! Nothing like some good old-fashioned hands-on voodoo. ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
That's better than the guy who kept hearing a clicking sound when he went over a bump and thought it was his suspension, but later found it was his sunglasses in the holder clanging around!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts