Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, like I don't have enough issues with my Niro.
This intermittent problem has been going on for several months.
Of course the first time i take it to Wilson KIA they cannot duplicate.
Go figure.

Now having shown the advisor and tech video proof, I am being told by the tech the noise is coming from the rear suspension somewhere, he doesn't know where.
Even though it's clearly, LOUDLY heard right at the yoke, the service tech insists it's somewhere in the rear.

Video attached.

Anyone else experience this...yet lol?

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
170 Posts
Wilson Kia is a bunch of goof balls.
You are certainly correct to say the noise is directly related to turning the steering wheel.
Sounds like a bearing but I can't imagine that is the problem...certainly know without even driving, that it is not related to rear suspension (or front suspension)

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,661 Posts
If the car's not moving, how on earth could they claim it's the rear suspension? Good grief. Yes, it's something within the steering column, and will likely require some disassembly to find it. I hear a very faint sound (but it's not scratchy like that) when I turn my wheel, but the HVAC and radio must be off to even hear it. My noise is well within acceptable limits, but yours absolutely is not.

·
Premium Member
2020 Kia Niro EX Premium
47 Posts
I also hear a scratching sound when turning the steering wheel. Pretty sure it is a clearance issue with the plastic shroud on the steering wheel itself. Annoying but easily drowned out by the radio. A fix would be to trim the shroud. Easier to crank the tunes!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also hear a scratching sound when turning the steering wheel. Pretty sure it is a clearance issue with the plastic shroud on the steering wheel itself. Annoying but easily drowned out by the radio. A fix would be to trim the shroud. Easier to crank the tunes!
Same issue on same car - 2020 EX premium hybrid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts