Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have Kia Niro 2017 in "L" version. Some time ago I observed strange sound of wiping (scratching) when driving on a cold electric motor and when releasing gas pedals. When I drive a bit on the EV after a few minutes, I can not hear it but until then I hear this sound more when I go down the hill and suddenly release the gas pedal and then I hear "trr..trr..tr ..".

The Kia Service did the diagnostics and they did not find anything. Unfortunately, during the tests they didn't hear this sound clearly or at all.

Have you heard something like that with cold electric engine and when you release the gas pedal?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I haven't heard a sound like that from motor.. Although especially when it's cold, sometimes you'll hear a little scratching sound near first startup, which is a thin layer of ice around wheels/brakes that is being 'sheared' off when the wheels first start rolling. Sometimes just moisture at any temp makes a squeeking or rubbing sound from brakes. If the sound stays there after a couple miles or you hear it when you get up to speed that might be another issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

I do not hear that sound after some miles. It means that after some period of time if electric motor is warmer I do not hear and it seems to look fine..hmm...so it is related with cold weather...hmm I think how it will be look at the summer? hmm..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts