Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sun visor on the passenger side broke yesterday. The clip that can be uncliped from the roof snapped off — the visor part of the connection not the roof connection.
Has this happened to anyone else?
This is just plastic but I would think it would be engineered to go through wear and tear since it is meant to clip un-clip by pulling and pushing on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife's Niro has the same issue on the driver side visor. The clip on the visor itself just pulled right out. I've been trying to get Beaverton Kia to order the part but there phone system sucks! Hopefully this time we go in. We love the car though!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I bought a replacement clip and mounted it over the driver's door so I can block the low evening sun on my commute home from work.

I think it was $8 and one screw to mount it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My wife's Niro has the same issue on the driver side visor. The clip on the visor itself just pulled right out. I've been trying to get Beaverton Kia to order the part but there phone system sucks! Hopefully this time we go in. We love the car though!
Were you ever able to get the visor bar clip part? If yes, do you know the part number? I've looked and can't find it

·
Registered
223 Posts
In case you don't get a reply here is a parts breakdown

look at part 85235 and see if that is what you want- be careful it is for the right model NIRO you have.
Thanks! I have that part, but need the bar that clips into it. In the diagram 85201A points to the sun visor just left of the indention where the bar is that clips into part 85235. That bar popped out of my visor so now the visor dangles instead of clipping into the holder.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I am guessing that you will need to replace the entire sun visor. That sucks, as it is $100. Maybe try a wrecking yard?

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
266 Posts
"Yay!!! Chinese knockoff parts for a Korean car! "

Quick answer = No

If you look at the page many are OEM Sun visors being sold as used a few others are indeed knockoff replacements.

It is a resource an individual can use without leaving their home to get a OEM replacement or a brand new knock off - their discretion.

·
Registered
474 Posts
"Yay!!! Chinese knockoff parts for a Korean car! "

Quick answer = No

If you look at the page many are OEM Sun visors being sold as used a few others are indeed knockoff replacements.

It is a resource an individual can use without leaving their home to get a OEM replacement or a brand new knock off - their discretion.

Id put money on 95% of everything advertised on ebay is chinese knockoff.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am guessing that you will need to replace the entire sun visor. That sucks, as it is $100. Maybe try a wrecking yard?
Doubt there are many Niros in wrecking yard. Wonder what other Kias use the same visor
Yay!!! Chinese knockoff parts for a Korean car!
Thanks! I found a replacement visor for half the OEM price. Going to hold our for a while more. It doesn't bother me too much and maybe I'll find a way to put a new bar in for a lot less.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts