Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any sort of spacers or lift kits to elevate the car just a little bit higher? To get us the same ride height as most the other crossovers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd love to find one too. Living on a dirt road these 4 ply tires really suck. I'm thinking maybe just some strut spacers and an alignment. Probably going to chew up ball joints though.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Do you need extra road clearance, view of road, or easier entry into car? If the latter two, you do know the seat has a generous amount of height adjustment? I max out mine for a better rear view (front view a bit improved), and better thigh support.

Messing with ride height with spacers can shorten tire and suspension life. I would consult an expert and not just add spacers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ditto what yitcoev said plus it will alter the handling characteristics most likely in a negative way, possibly make it less safe and would probably affect vehicle fuel efficiency by altering the aerodynamics.
Not criticizing but trying to give some food for thought before doing this to your vehicle. Realize its your car to do with what you want!

·
Super Moderator
582 Posts
The Niro really isn't a crossover. It's more of a station wagon with a very minor lift. And I concur with the suggestions that adding any additional lift could have negative and unforeseen issues.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'd love to have airbags to change from low-down on the highway to lifted to drive on my dirt road.

Need to find a bag of hundreds, first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts