Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove both an FE and a Touring last night. I have to say, I was impressed with the Touring, though the ride on the FE was actually better on the bumpy, bad roads of Arkansas. I am chalking that up to the tire size (16" vs 18".) Overall, I thought that the Touring was a better bang for the buck than the baseline FE.

My test drive was both on city streets and the interstate. A few things I noticed:

On city streets, I could not tell when the ICE engaged. I was actually pretty shocked. The road noise was significantly quieter than most other cars I test drove save for the Subaru Forester.

On the interstate, I did put it in sport mode for a bit, just to test it out. However, I didn't feel I needed it to accelerate to merge onto the road. It did help with passing and moving in traffic.

The backup camera was true in regards to how my vehicle was moving.

The brakes are not as much of an adjustment as I thought. I used the same braking principles I would use driving a larger vehicle and it seemed to work fine. I will be curious how it works out when I do need to stop suddenly in traffic.

Overall, I liked it enough to buy it, so there you are.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Glad to hear you were impressed with the test drive and I'm sure you'll find that your dealer is willing to negotiate. And that's a great tip about the EX if you're looking for a compromise between the two trims.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts