Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Sky

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Gear shift

Vehicle Car Speedometer Sky Motor vehicle

The all-new 2023
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

the 2023 new Niro will be on display at the Seoul Mobility Show from November 25 to December 5.

It will be available with HEV, PHEV and EV powertrains starting from next year.

• The all-new Kia Niro facilitates another step toward a more sustainable future
  • Refreshed exterior with wide rear pillar, simple lines and transformed tiger face
  • Innovative interior features and sustainable materials
  • 'Greenzone Drive Mode' technology integrates sustainability into daily life

Kia introduces the 'Greenzone Drive Mode' which automatically transfers the (P)HEV into EV drive mode to meet the demand for sustainable mobility solutions. When driving in green zones such as residential areas, or nearby schools and hospitals, the vehicle automatically uses electric power based on navigation cues and driving history data. It also recognizes a driver's favorite places, including home and office registered in the navigation system as a green zone.

More info to come in the next days.!

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
View attachment 7114
View attachment 7113

View attachment 7111

View attachment 7109
View attachment 7108
The all-new 2023 View attachment 7107
the 2023 new Niro will be on display at the Seoul Mobility Show from November 25 to December 5.

• The all-new Kia Niro facilitates another step toward a more sustainable future
  • Refreshed exterior with wide rear pillar, simple lines and transformed tiger face

Kia introduces the 'Greenzone Drive Mode' which automatically transfers the (P)HEV into EV drive mode to meet the demand for sustainable mobility solutions. When driving in green zones such as residential areas, or nearby schools and hospitals, the vehicle automatically uses electric power based on navigation cues and driving history data. It also recognizes a driver's favorite places, including home and office registered in the navigation system as a green zone.

View attachment 7114
View attachment 7113

View attachment 7111

View attachment 7109
View attachment 7108

IF that's the HEV interior I don't see a shifter . I really don't like that we're losing our shifters .
View attachment 7114
View attachment 7113

View attachment 7111

View attachment 7109
View attachment 7108

View attachment 7114
View attachment 7113

View attachment 7111

View attachment 7109
View attachment 7108

It's OK , I don't like the missing shifter trend one bit . Although I'll have to admit that it's probably more than a trend . I like the way our Niro looks but realize that they need to change . Maybe if they'd promote this car a little better .

·
Registered
742 Posts
It's ok. If I ever got one it would give me warm feelings like when I had my first Plymouth Valiant with the push button transmission LOL.:cool::eek:

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,938 Posts
I don't care at all for the contrasting color on the body. Personal taste. But the interior looks nice.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,938 Posts
It's ok. If I ever got one it would give me warm feelings like when I had my first Plymouth Valiant with the push button transmission LOL.:cool::eek:
Oh yeah. My mom had a '60 Valiant and a '63 Dodge Dart, both with the button shifter. I had a '65 or so Dart once, but I can't remember if it was a button or column shift by then.

·
Super Moderator
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NO specs out yet!... :unsure:

·
Registered
31 Posts
After seeing these official Kia pictures as well as videos on YouTube from the Seoul auto show, I'm not a fan (yet) of this new exterior design. Some new details such as the wide rear pillar with contrasting color actually don't bother me that much (they do give the car a more concept-like design). Rather, it's the actual shape of the car? Perhaps the new front grill and lights make it look more boxy than the current/first gen. It kind of looks like a stretched out 2020+ Soul from certain angles. My opinion might change once I actually see these in person, but as of now I still prefer the current gen's looks. Still, curious to hear about the new specs (fuel efficiency/range, interior/cargo space, etc.) once they're released by Kia.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The Koreans have been getting more and more edgy with their designs. Some appeal to me some not so much.

I really like the relatively conservative appearance of the Gen 1 Niro.

The 2023 (Gen 2?) exterior nice in some regards, but the huge C pillar and no sail window suggests very poor rear visibility which is a negative for me. Perhaps Kia's perspective is: "With the side view mirror & rear cameras who needs windows?". Not sure I there yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The 2023 (Gen 2?) exterior nice in some regards, but the huge C pillar and no sail window suggests very poor rear visibility which is a negative for me. Perhaps Kia's perspective is: "With the side view mirror & rear cameras who needs windows?". Not sure I there yet.
Good point. I used to drive a 2015 Sportage which didn't have rear quarter glass and I did not like the rear visibility. Glad I replaced it with a 2018 Niro. This new Gen 2 looks like a step back in that regard.

Still, that 2nd picture from the top (the one of the white EV), I can't unsee Soul.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts