Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have noticed some design similarities to other car manufacturers. Does anybody else think that the South Korean's "borrowed" design concepts from Audi ... specifically the Q5?
My son says the front end reminds him of a Mini.
Is there a hint of Porsche Cayenne as well?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, the Niro is a "crossover" or CUV, so it resembles the other manufacturers' CUV's. Everybody makes crossovers - they look as if they are the sporty offspring of an SUV and a wagon/hatchback. They all pretty much look the same now. From a distance, the Jeep could be mistaken for the Subaru could be mistaken for the Kia.

·
Registered
453 Posts
All modern cars and SUVs look like a melted bar of soap. If you hid the grill and tail-lights of them, it would be very difficult to tell them all apart.

All except for new 2018 Toyotas...they seemed to have adopted the 1986 Chevy Cavilier style of sticking sharp, angled stuff on every surface. What were they thinking????

·
Registered
36 Posts
So, I have noticed some design similarities to other car manufacturers. Does anybody else think that the South Korean's "borrowed" design concepts from Audi ... specifically the Q5?
My son says the front end reminds him of a Mini.
Is there a hint of Porsche Cayenne as well?
Kia's chief design guy came from the VW group (VW, Audi, Porsche etc.) I think I recall reading he was the chief design guy for the TT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mercedes GLA250 cost

$42,000 msrp in order to comparably equip to the fully equipped Niro PHEV EX.
The Merc is quicker as it has twice the power - and burns 2 to 3 times as much fuel.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Personally I notice similarities to many wagons, like the Mazda 3. Esthetically, I like the proportions of the straight wagons with lower rooflines better than SUV/CUVs. But the Niro shape is more practical for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts