Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am coming from a Subaru Impreza (totaled) and looking for something with better mpg. Thoughts on buying a Niro with this many miles? It seems well cared for. Would prefer a PHEV, but it's out of my budget.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I think the Niro is no better or worse than a similar vehicle. Best to get it checked out, search the carfax for it's maintaince history. Ask a Kia dealer to run the vin to see if it's had any warranty repairs.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Get the hybrid battery checked out. It's half way through its life and it's an important part of the powertrain. Read the hybrid battery warranty so you know what you're getting into.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Get the hybrid battery checked out. It's half way through its life and it's an important part of the powertrain. Read the hybrid battery warranty so you know what you're getting into.
I leased our 2017 Niro EX for three years,then bought it, love it took a trip yesterday and averaged 63MPG, just love with these high gasoline prices

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the same car a few months ago at 66k and it just turned 70k. No problems to speak of aside from a flat tire from driving over a screw.( how old school!)
If you can access my other post I seem to recall saying something else about it that's positive. Good luck!
I leased our 2017 Niro EX for three years,then bought it, love it took a trip yesterday and averaged 63MPG, just love with these high gasoline prices
Nice! How the heck to you average 63 mpg?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I
I bought the same car a few months ago at 66k and it just turned 70k. No problems to speak of aside from a flat tire from driving over a screw.( how old school!)
If you can access my other post I seem to recall saying something else about it that's positive. Good luck!

Nice! How the heck to you average 63 mpg?
It's weird I can cruise around town and the only time the engine runs is to charge the battery, have been on trips at 65&70 mph cruising along on battery power for miles at a time, used to have a Prius didn't have the room that the Niro does, and didn't get as good mileage as the Niro does and didn't have the leg room either, the only time the dealer has seen it since we got it was for recalls,

·
Registered
3 Posts
12 months ago I traded an 09 Subaru Legacy with 200k Kms for a 2018 Niro Hybrid.. with 120k Kms.. I was a bit concerned with the high mileage, it looked brand new but dealer gave me 2 yrs warranty on the lot inc.battery .
Now on 135k and not wishing to tempt fate but this is the best faultless motoring I've ever experienced in my 64 years behind the wheel... I'm getting 900kms on a tank of gas (22kms to a litre) the Legacy returned average 8.
I read what is said about battery life but the charging and discharging rates seem to be the same as my neighbour's 2021 Hybrid.. Hoping for long life (me and the car)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts