Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Niro, just bought 2020 HEV this month.

So, I saw in many videos and photos, the entertainment system can have 3 screens, like this for example, see screenshot below.

I cannot do this on mine, only 2 screens. Is there any setting somewhere? Or this is no longer possible with my model?

Gadget Font Display device Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
2021 Niro Hybrid LX
38 Posts
Mine can't do it, but I only have the standard 8" screen. The picture you posted shows the 10" screen. There could be a way to do it for the 10" screen, but I'm not sure. I prefer the 8" screen, as wireless Apple CarPlay isn't available with the 10". It has to be plugged in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2020 PHEV will do the 3 split screens and that is my primary default setup. I heard there was an optional "upgrade" available to the head unit that removed this option. The updated has a purple or blue colored startup screen I'm told. So whenever I go in for service I tell them no updates on my head unit please.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 2020 PHEV will do the 3 split screens and that is my primary default setup. I heard there was an optional "upgrade" available to the head unit that removed this option. The updated has a purple or blue colored startup screen I'm told. So whenever I go in for service I tell them no updates on my head unit please.
Yes, my startup screen has kind of purple color. This is my first Kia and I received it this way, so I have never experienced with 3 screens. I guess I am okay now to get used to it :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, my startup screen has kind of purple color. This is my first Kia and I received it this way, so I have never experienced with 3 screens. I guess I am okay now to get used to it :D
Yes. You can research the upgrade. What I found is that the upgrade to the head unit that was performed is not reversible so you have lost the 3 screen option. I can't recall what the benefits of the upgrade are but you might want to research it to see what was gained.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts