Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
Yesterday I got this error about tires it said tires pressure is low. I filled up today still light is on. Do you have any problem like this.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,381 Posts
I'm not familiar with it reading in bar, so I can't say how much different .1 bar is. But based on that display it seems the car isn't happy with the difference. In PSI, I believe I have seen the light come on with 3-4 PSI difference.

·
Registered
2020 Niro HEV EX+
63 Posts
Usually if that light comes on you have to drive it for about 5-10 minutes for it to go away. The only thing that I can think of is the tmps sensor is going bad.
Bad sensor would also be my suggestion.
It does not make sense that the sensor with highest pressure would be the highlighted wheel.
Also, 2.2 & 2.3 Bar are both lower pressures than recommended but I don't think they should be low enough to set off the warning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not familiar with it reading in bar, so I can't say how much different .1 bar is. But based on that display it seems the car isn't happy with the difference. In PSI, I believe I have seen the light come on with 3-4 PSI difference.
Before it was 2.1 bar I filled it up 2.3. I got alarm only for right back tire

·
Registered
2019 Kia Niro Hybrid LX
141 Posts
Hi
I did what you told me. Now it is ok. Light go off thank you very much 👍🙂
It looks like I got confused with bars. I see that it was low in tire pressure. As far as tire pressure, I don't set mines at 36 because it makes my car sluggish. I usually go 3 more psi so my front and rear tires are at 39psi. I know some people will fill it to the max which is 44 psi on the Energy Savers, mines came with the Continental for some reason, it may cause problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My tires are also continental and pressure are 36 really it is good no any problems

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't know about it because I am second owner. When I have bought the car which has already tires. They weren't new.

·
Registered
27 Posts
TPMS [Tire Pressure Monitoring System] is lets say, not so perfect. The sensors on the tires do not reset well and can easily just stay on. Particularly true if you live in a dry climate. if you inflate and it reads manually as correct, you are fine, ignore TPMS, its probably wrong.

This is my second Kia with TPMS and I drove my old one for 10 years with it on more often than not, except when I had new tires, then it would be fine for a few thousand or until the summer.

Its a sensor, it can be wrong and everything be okay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
From your dashboard, it looks like your left rear tire is overinflated now. You probably overshot your recommended tire pressure when you filled up. Just let out a little air and recheck it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone
Yesterday I got this error about tires it said tires pressure is low. I filled up today still light is on. Do you have any problem like this. View attachment 6631
I just had this happen to me. The warning sta
Hello everyone
Yesterday I got this error about tires it said tires pressure is low. I filled up today still light is on. Do you have any problem like this. View attachment 6631
Hello everyone
I had this happen. It took a few days to return to normal. It cleared after I took a trip over an hour long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts