Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have had my car since I was 16 years old. I am now 34. It's time for a new car, but not because I NEED one. My Civic still works fine. But I'm ready for a change. I say that because I wonder if now is the right time to buy? Are prices for a brand new model going to be sky high now or are they on sale as a promo? Should I wait a little? What do you think? Also, does anyone have the EX with the Tech package? Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you wait a couple months, maybe even later in the year, you will probably get a better deal. I paid about 300-400 over invoice plus taxes so if you wait I think you can probably do under invoice and maybe even 0apr with no payments for a couple of months. Plus the plug in will be released later in the year, if you qualify for the fed tax credit and some state rebate you might be able to get the plug in cheaper than the hybrid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think i'm going to wait until they offer lane keep assist here in the US. its in the euro Niro's and I want all the gadgets lol. Someone said it was coming.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Usually, end of year is the best time to buy. However, if you keep your cars many years it's not so important to time your buying to the weakest demand. Let the dealer know you're interested. If demand is weak, as it is for the new Prius, the dealer will be in touch with you with sweeter offers until you bite. The Prius is being deeply discounted already.

·
Registered
174 Posts
@jerp777 Do you mean Lane Departure Warning? It is available as part of the tech package.
US has lane departure warning, Euro spec has lane keep assist which will warn you when going out of the lane and also try to correct the steering wheel to keep you within the lane. Euro spec also has the self dimming mirror.

·
Registered
68 Posts
ya lane keep assist is like its driving itself but you have to keep your hands on the wheel or it will turn itself off. some people don't like its quirks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you're willing to wait, models are bound to go on sale including the Niro. Dealers may not be willing to budge since it's still relatively new, but later on in the year they should be more flexible.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have EX with a Tech Pkg --- Posted info on this site sometime ago (bought it Feb 11, 2017). Have had one fill up of 9.11 gallon for 51.48MPG.

Rest of my info you can find on this FORUM, that shows Price discounted and my trade info, Window Sticker, and other information on buying a spare.

Too much to repeat here. Good luck on what ever you decide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts