Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Top 10 Worst Automakers in Customer Satisfaction for 2017: J.D. Power » AutoGuide.com News

I had to go 100 miles to find a Kia dealership that got decent reviews in Yelp. Local dealers have an "interesting" approach to customer relations including adding several hundred dollars to the sticker for add-ons. The salesman says they are non-negotiable items. I will take my business elsewhere. Interesting since sales of hybrids are down across the board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Twice I've been into the Kia dealer in Redding, CA to look at a Niro. Both times I couldn't avoid the aggressive young salesmen. One was just annoying. The other was bothersome. If I ever come to the point of moving from our Prius to a Kia Niro I'll have to decide if I want to work with the single Kia dealer in town. We don't have a Hyundai dealer.

The second salesman was obviously not a seasoned sales person. Rather than ask me questions to size me up he started spouting car facts about the Kia - not knowing if those things were interesting to me or not. He also didn't ask about my own vehicles, shopping experience, wants, or needs.

The second salesman began giving me some of his personal comments about why the Kia is better than the Prius, and how unreliable the Prius traction batteries are. What a joke.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The automotive dealer network is a broken model, IMO. Does anybody out there have a fuzzy, hazy idea of what they want in a car and walk into a dealership needing the assistance of an expert salesman who will help guide the poor know-nothing buyer to the perfect vehicle in stock on their lot? I don't need that "help" and resent paying for it. Does anybody really need to walk into a dealer and have their car in stock like we need to have milk in stock at a grocery store? A brick & morter business is very expensive--especially for cars. Couldn't we just skip the expensive retailer (who, more often than not, charges a retail price for a drop-ship service) and buy from the distributor ourselves if we already know what we want and can wait a few weeks for delivery? I don't want to buy from a dealer at all. The only thing he does for me is allow a test drive (sometimes). That service could be offered in other ways much more cheaply.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have no experience with the Redding Kia, we live in Paradise, CA 95969.
I drove the Niro twice, different times, different salesmen, at Yuba City Kia, CA.
They let me drive their cars on the freeway, as much and as long until I had enough.
No pressure to buy anything "today"!
Absolute best experience so far - except the time Roseville Hyundai let me drive an Elantra GT Sport for 14 miles, all by myself.
Both dealerships were great and I plan to get a car from them, once I decide which one is better for us.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The "local" dealer tried a bait and switch. Despite having a verbal agreement on Tuesday, when I came in on Wednesday to do the paperwork, they didnt have the EX with tech like promised, and wanted to sell me the EX premium for 5K more. I had to walk away.

However, I have to give props to Colonial Kia in Chester VA. (Colonial Kia | New Kia dealership in Chester, VA 23836). A few emails and I walked in, traded in my car, signed some papers, and was taken care of from start to finish. (well, except for this ancient printer used to print the final papers with..it was very temperamental).

If you are in range of that Kia dealer, I have nothing but good experiences with them.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I went to Glendale Kia, there I met the most pleasant, non pushy, salesman I had ever met. I met with him twice before I even considered doing a test drive, he was a pleasure to deal with. Rare, I know!
When it came time to test drive, my wife and I stopped in to the lot, had a swarm of pushy salesmen greet us, only to be told we were already working with someone, where is he? Once we connected, I let him know I was back for a test drive, and I also let him know that we would be dealing with him for the sale of the car if and when that happened. Two weeks later we went back, met the salesman, 4th time and bought the car!
What a pleasant experience. I had done my home work, got 9k for my trade in, 1500 below MSRP, I got a good deal!

Rare, I know, there are a few good car salesmen out there, you just have to be lucky enough to find one!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went to Glendale Kia, there I met the most pleasant, non pushy, salesman I had ever met. I met with him twice before I even considered doing a test drive, he was a pleasure to deal with. Rare, I know!
When it came time to test drive, my wife and I stopped in to the lot, had a swarm of pushy salesmen greet us, only to be told we were already working with someone, where is he? Once we connected, I let him know I was back for a test drive, and I also let him know that we would be dealing with him for the sale of the car if and when that happened. Two weeks later we went back, met the salesman, 4th time and bought the car!
What a pleasant experience. I had done my home work, got 9k for my trade in, 1500 below MSRP, I got a good deal!

Rare, I know, there are a few good car salesmen out there, you just have to be lucky enough to find one!
I too leased my 2017 Niro EX from car pros Kia Glendale. The manager was extremely empathetic when I was about to walk out to try and get a better deal, and appealed to my emotions, causing me to choose it their rather than Galpin Kia in Van Nuys. Skilled salesperson.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts