Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I don't often try to use my ventilated seats feature in my Touring. Part of the reason is that it's almost useless. Unless I have the AC on full-blast for the entire car, i don't feel the ventilated seats. I can hear it trying to blow if everything else is quiet, but there's hardly any (if any) cool air coming from them. Is that normal? Have you all experienced the same thing? Is this something I should have my dealer check out? Thanks!!

~Krista

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure what you mean by full blast, as I just set the AC on auto to the temp I want and let it do it's thing but the seat cooling works very nicely for me. It's not a blast of air, and it is very subtle if you have it set to 1 light rather than 3 but on 3 lights, wearing shorts and a t shirt, it's quite obvious that its working.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It might be something resolved with more use but if you haven't talked to your dealer about it as yet then that is probably the next step to take, even if its just them opening a case and making note of it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can only feel them if you are in a very hot Niro and the air is on full blast. Once the temp has reached the level it is set at, you can't feel them. They are really for those first few minutes when getting into a hot car.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can only feel them if you are in a very hot Niro and the air is on full blast. Once the temp has reached the level it is set at, you can't feel them. They are really for those first few minutes when getting into a hot car.
Makes sense. I don't have any experience with cooled seats, but I would think as long as your back is not sweating by resting against the fabric during a long drive, then they are doing their job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
These are not "cooled seats" but "ventilated seats". Look at this from this perspective, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Turns out if you have the HVAC set to Driver Only you will not get cooled air from the seats.

From a different thread:

One thing to note is that the seat ventilation apparently draws its air from the HVAC duct that feeds the rear seats through the console. If you have the Driver Only button on, there's no cooled air passing through there, and the seats absolutely are not cooled as well. I notice a big difference if Driver Only is engaged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts