Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m planning on buying a scamp trail trailer. It can be anywhere between #1000 to #2000. Is the Niro Capable ?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Probably, but not the best choice. They mention towing package (has to be ordered that way) in several markets but I'm not sure they have ever delivered one. Presumably it would have a higher capacity radiator and perhaps brakes. If you have an engine failure, especially from overheating and they see your trailer hitch they may void your warranty.

Most posters who discuss hitches for the Niro and Ioniq want them for bicycle racks.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Check your manual on towing (not recommended). I talked to Kia sometime ago (posted resuts on here someplace) about if warranty would be affected if you added a trailer hitch (would indicate you are towing.

Basically as I remember that alone would not void warranty, but if damage related to towing it would.
Probably their decision.

A 2000 lb anything would be an overload for most any stock vehicle (most rated for 1500 maximum if allowed at all). Some are higher -- check your manual and talk to MFG customer service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts