Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace their tpms sensors via different wheels yet? I put the winter wheels on last night, and was hoping that the niro would auto detect the new 433 MHz sensors. Drove the car about 15 miles with new wheels, and auto detect did not happen. Display is still telling me to drive vehicle for tire pressure readings. I did not get any tpms error message, so I suppose that’s a good sign. Too bad there not an owner accessible tpms programming mode on these vehicles. I guess we’ll drive it for a few days before taking to a garage.

·
Super Moderator
550 Posts
I know there are TPMS sensors out there that are programmable. So they list as being compabile but they do require to be programmed to work. That is the sometimes down side with going out and buying your own. the garage will install them for you but doesn't mean they will program them as well. The side you get what you pay for sometimes does ring true.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I saw some video somewhere where the sensor id needs to be registered with the car’s system using a device. Only then will the car be able to detect and calibrate sensor. This comes from watching the video and not from actual experience.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I've read a couple reports of owners using OEM Hyundai/Kia sensors on new wheels without a problem so I don't think a device is needed (unless you have a third party sensor that requires programming).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was my bad. The new sensors are 433 mhz Kia sensors, but they're a 52933-B2100 p/n. Apparently we need the 52933-D4100 p/n for the Niro. I did drive the car a 2nd time yesterday after I posted, and did eventually get a TPMS error message. Picked up some correct p/n sensors off of ebay, and hopefully they auto detect once I get them installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update - I installed the d4100 sensors (around 52 bucks shipped for 4 off eBay) and they were auto detected within a few hundred feet.
Working like a champ now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so if you pt the D4s on you don't need to hit any buttons, use some scanner gadget etc etc to auto detect?
Will this work for my 2019?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts