Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my Ford C-Max PHEV, I plugged in the car and it just started charging. With my new NIro, it seemed that I had to use the UVO Eco app to get it to start. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
443 Posts
With my Ford C-Max PHEV, I plugged in the car and it just started charging. With my new NIro, it seemed that I had to use the UVO Eco app to get it to start. Am I doing something wrong?
check your phev charging settings. It will charge on schedule or not depending on settings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the settings and there is nothing scheduled.

I will look at the steering wheel but I would really prefer it just to start charging.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Plug-In Charging

Use the unlock doors button once you've plugged in your connector. It will start charging immediately and then lock the doors, that's it, This allows for the connector to be locked into place until you return to unlock the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I charge in my garage. No real reason to lock the doors but I guess I will have to to get the charger to start then or start it through the app. Not ideal to have an extra step.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I charge in my garage and don't have to lock the doors or use the app. I just plug it in and it charges.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I checked the settings and there is nothing scheduled.

I will look at the steering wheel but I would really prefer it just to start charging.
FWIW,

I have off peak hours defined and set to charge during those hours. If I plug in during off peak hours it starts charging immediately.

You might try setting off peak to 24/7 and set to charge during off peak. Then it should start charging when ever you plug in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to see tonight if it just starts. Maybe I didn't wait long enough last night.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess I just didn’t wait long enough last night or something but it started right up tonight the minute I plugged it in. Very happy with that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts