Kia Niro Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
734 miles on a single tank today! Turns out I could have safely made it to 760 miles, but I'm not ever going to try to beat this result - unless I do a trip on a road like the Natchez Trace Parkway with a 45 mph speed limit.

Took two months since my last fill up, but conditions were optimal virtually for every trip. Warm, almost no inclement weather, and per my usual practice, never exceeded 65 mph. This also gave me a personal best tank mpg of 59.46 (topped off and calculated) with 25,000 miles clocked. Display was extra optimistic this time with an estimate of 64.6 mpg (also a tank best but irrelevant).

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I don't document that but I think the low gas indicator comes on at about 40 miles displayed range left. I've already documented that there is about 70 miles range remaining when range indicator is zero. In this specific case, I went 37 miles past the point where displayed range was zero. Just like the GOM, real world results vary, so 70 miles below "empty" is not golden so I played it safe, along with other variables like an available low cost gas station. Now that I have a good handle on actual range, I don't need to actually run out of gas. Having a 700 mile range (in the summertime) is fantastic! That halves my gas station stops over my last car. 734 miles is just for bragging, 700 is my target.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts