Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice most of my road noise is coming from the trunk, and I have been looking in several directions.
Has anyone had good luck with any particular cargo mat for sound dampening?
I'm also tempted to put some Noico or Dynamat on the underside of the floor there, between it and the battery. Any reason I shouldn't, such as battery heat?
I asked a local place for a quote on sound dampening, and they want $300 for the trunk, $300 for each pair of doors, $800 for the floor, $800 for the ceiling, and $150 for the firewall. All of that seems a bit high, but especially the trunk, though a professional job would likely be much better than what I would do. Am I wrong to think their prices are a bit steep?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Lots of folks have tried the things you mentioned. Years ago I completely stripped the interior of a Honda Del Sol & did my best to reduce the road noise. In the end, I could barely tell the difference. I have read similar stories with other vehicles as well. Perhaps having done by a professional would have more benefit, but I wouldn't expect too much.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I notice most of my road noise is coming from the trunk, and I have been looking in several directions.
Has anyone had good luck with any particular cargo mat for sound dampening?
I'm also tempted to put some Noico or Dynamat on the underside of the floor there, between it and the battery. Any reason I shouldn't, such as battery heat?
I asked a local place for a quote on sound dampening, and they want $300 for the trunk, $300 for each pair of doors, $800 for the floor, $800 for the ceiling, and $150 for the firewall. All of that seems a bit high, but especially the trunk, though a professional job would likely be much better than what I would do. Am I wrong to think their prices are a bit steep?
So I can't remember the brand I used, but I bought a sound deadener kit for my Kia Optima and it seems to have helped a little but not a significant amount. It's something I would absolutely not recommend you pay someone to do. It's either you do it for cheap DIY or you just learn to live with it. Also, those sound deadeners are HEAVY, which is most likely why Niro and Prius aren't the quietest cars in the world.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts