Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2020 Niro Hybird LXE (non plug in) Hubs just hooked up my subs and it sounds amazing.... However, just curious if anyone has ever had issues. Like is it going to drain my battery? Effect my mileage in any way? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, I'm super brand new to the whole EV thing. )

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,589 Posts
As far as battery drain, it's probably along the lines of running the heated seats. It will take a bit of power, but not really noticeable. Since you don't have the PHEV version, the most it would do is put a slight dent in your MPG, but probably such a small dent it wouldn't even be noticeable. :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
From what I have seen, I had the biggest subwoofer amplifier of anyone out there in my Niro. With my current single 12” subwoofer, it was putting out about 800 watts and was pulling about 85-90 amps of current. I say was because I blew the amp up from running it too hard!!

My headlights never dimmed and the battery never went dead. I never noticed a drop in the MPG, but to be honest, when I would really crank the volume I was not concerned about MPG at all. Just keeping the car in my lane was a big enough chore!

Man I need to replace that amp!!!! I miss having blurred vision! Hahahaha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts