Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a Niro and I have a few very simple questions my salesman can't
seem to nail down. I'm OK with just the features of the FE but really want the "under
floor storage" feature. So the questions are: (1) - can I purchase the "under floor storage"
as an option? (2) - Is the "under floor storage" a standard feature included in the LX?
(3) Is there a link to a list that show the exact differences between FE and LX.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Dick

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you are talking about the trunk, FE has under floor storage standard, IIRC I don't think there is a difference between the models.

Sorry I can't be of more help, if you would like pictures of the FE under floor, I can take some!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a Niro and I have a few very simple questions my salesman can't
seem to nail down. I'm OK with just the features of the FE but really want the "under
floor storage" feature. So the questions are: (1) - can I purchase the "under floor storage"
as an option? (2) - Is the "under floor storage" a standard feature included in the LX?
(3) Is there a link to a list that show the exact differences between FE and LX.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Dick
The luggage board with under floor storage tray is not an option for the FE and it comes standard in all other models.

It is included in the LX

This link shows the differences between the models in the USA 2017 Kia Niro | Vehicle Features | Kia

·
Registered
443 Posts
Surely there is the same space under the trunk floor in all models.

Maybe, (that's a maybe) it just means the tray with compartments that is just under the floor and above where he spare tire kit can be placed is not there.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
There is the same amount of space for all models (excluding the EV and plug in). The difference is in the trays provided to organize what you put there. You can even put a spare tire, and in some markets, a spare tire is available. You can retrofit a spare tire though or take out all organizers if you need more space. It is possible that the organizers help you carry more weight in the standard storage area by bracing the load floor. As I understand it, the U.S. FE model has a weaker load floor than other models, and the highest trims may be stronger than the mid trims.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Some people I know permanently keep roof top carriers just to free up their interior cargo space, which is a great idea if you have needs that stretch that far. But these are people who are always on the road and need the spare.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For clarification....do the under floor dividers that come with the LX and above have to be discarded to get an actual spare in there?

·
Registered
174 Posts
For clarification....do the under floor dividers that come with the LX and above have to be discarded to get an actual spare in there?
No, the floor divider goes above where the KIA spare goes. See the picture with the under floor compartments (the umbrella), the floor divider goes above this.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
No, the floor divider goes above where the KIA spare goes. See the picture with the under floor compartments (the umbrella), the floor divider goes above this.
Thanks fernando...that is good to know . If I decide to buy a Niro, I will be definitely be getting a spare from Amazon, which is about $65 less than what Kia charges.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks fernando...that is good to know . If I decide to buy a Niro, I will be definitely be getting a spare from Amazon, which is about $65 less than what Kia charges.
Just make sure it fits. The Kia Niro spare with tire is about 189 including shipping from OEM Kia superstore.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts