Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my screen stuck on updating with no bar for progress and the screen keep flashing for few times and then restart and so on, been doing this for days, kia niro 2017 hybrid Korean, I tried the hard reset button on the dashboard with a pin but it didn't work, also how I reached here? I went to settings in software update and it said there is an update on memory and I hit update. With the lockdown there is no way to get this fixed with a dealer so your expertise and help are highly appreciated, I am sure there has to be a hard reset since it's an android like holding 3 keys together like with normal phones.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,385 Posts
The recessed button on the dash is the hard reset. My guess is a short press is a soft reset while it takes an extended time held in to perform a hard reset. However, it sounds entirely possible the unit has bricked itself, and the reset button won't accomplish anything. Just a guess, but it probably has to be replaced. I doubt a dealer can do anything with a bricked unit.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Sometimes removing the fuse will work where the pin reset won't. If that doesn't work, you can try disconnecting the 12 volt system (probably what a dealer would try). Instructions attached (for Ioniq, but same for Niro). There is also a method for attaching a USB keyboard to the car and that indeed uses multiple keystrokes to reboot the system. Not sure if that is on this forum, but is certainly on the Ioniq forum. The search functions on these two forums are really bad, I'd try Google to find the relevant thread. Here is the Ioniq forum link.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes removing the fuse will work where the pin reset won't. If that doesn't work, you can try disconnecting the 12 volt system (probably what a dealer would try). Instructions attached (for Ioniq, but same for Niro). There is also a method for attaching a USB keyboard to the car and that indeed uses multiple keystrokes to reboot the system. Not sure if that is on this forum, but is certainly on the Ioniq forum. The search functions on these two forums are really bad, I'd try Google to find the relevant thread. Here is the Ioniq forum link.
Unfortunately I have tried to hold on the rest button for long and didn't work, also disconnected the battery and didn't work and I have another problem now after disconnecting the battery that the language now in Korean and the option to change language dissapeared as if it's linked to the screen. By the ioniq and niro has the same exact infotainment system so what works there could work here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts