Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm trying to update the infotainment system but getting "no supported files found" error. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

update: I tried both having the files in a folder and directly copying all the files to the root of the USB.

Current version:

Downloaded files

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,447 Posts
The files have to be located at the root of the storage device being used (USB stick or SD card). The first time I tried it I had them in a folder on the root, and that didn't work. After I moved them it worked fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The files have to be located at the root of the storage device being used (USB stick or SD card). The first time I tried it I had them in a folder on the root, and that didn't work. After I moved them it worked fine.
I tried both having the files in a folder and directly copying all the files to the root of the USB. Still getting the same error.

·
Super Moderator
1,447 Posts
It appears you have the correct files for a PHEV. My next suggestion would be to try a different storage device. I don't know if your car uses an SD card like mine, or if it's updated with a USB drive. If it's like mine, you cannot use a USB drive, you need to load them on an SD card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It appears you have the correct files for a PHEV. My next suggestion would be to try a different storage device. I don't know if your car uses an SD card like mine, or if it's updated with a USB drive. If it's like mine, you cannot use a USB drive, you need to load them on an SD card.
Thank you! There is no SD card slot in my car. Just USB. I will try using a different USB.

·
Super Moderator
1,447 Posts
Not all versions of the Infotainment system uses an SD card. Some are updated via USB. I just popped my spare SD card into my computer and can confirm I have all files and folders installed to the root of the file structure.

·
Super Moderator
1,447 Posts
Yes, I don't believe your model uses an SD card. But if I recall, there are two USB connections in the console under the radio. Only one will work for the data connection (the right one?).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I don't believe your model uses an SD card. But if I recall, there are two USB connections in the console under the radio. Only one will work for the data connection (the right one?).
Tried both. No luck. I think I should select 2019 navigation model while downloading. I downloaded 2020. I will give it a try.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I miss the Map-button on your dashboard ... do you have an AVN system (with navigation) or only AV ???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts