Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the base model 2019 Kia Niro EV without the Harman Audio. It sounds so bad so I had to change it. I did not change the factory head unit only changed the speakers added a amp and a sub. I also added a optical cable for digital input directly into my high res audio player.

I have power wire going directly to the 12v battery in the front of the car.

I did have to add spacers and shave down the inside of the door panel to make the speakers fit because the magnet is so large and there is very little clearance

I play my music very loud and so far I got no error messages and it has not effected my range on the car at all.

I drive as a full time taxi driver 12 hours a day and even playing music all day I am still able to drive miles a day.

So to sum it up I have no issues with the car at all sounds great and is a perfect upgrade. I would also never recommend anyone change the factory head unit.

Focal Utopia Elite 165W-XP
JL Audio VX10005i
JL Audio W6 10 inch sub

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,660 Posts
Just curious. With the space the sub takes up, does it hinder your ability to pick up passengers as a taxi? It doesn't look like there's much space left with that box back there. But I'll bet that sounds nice... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious. With the space the sub takes up, does it hinder your ability to pick up passengers as a taxi? It doesn't look like there's much space left with that box back there. But I'll bet that sounds nice... :)
it’s not too I’m still able to fit 2 full size luggage if I put the seat down. But it is a huge box takes about half the space. I plan to have a custom made smaller box very soon.
yes it sounds amazing and gets me lots of tips lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, nice friend, I want to ask you if the miles of the car are affected by the energy used by the amplifier and subwoofer, I also want to know how to recharge the 12V battery of an electric car, every time it recharges so that you can use without problems in audio system, I tell you that I have been told millions of times that electric cars do not serve to install speakers amplifiers or subwoofers because the main battery does not work, mecesI also want to know how to recharge the 12V battery of an electric car, every time it recharges so that you can use without problems in audio system, I tell you that I have been told millions of times that electric cars do not serve to install speakers amplifiers or subwoofers because the main battery does not work, I need to know everything please friend.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Cool! I'll bet that rattles the doors when it is cranked up!
Different topic: As a taxi driver driving 12 hrs a day, I imagine you put quite a few miles on your car. Curious how many miles you have and how your Niro is holding up to life as a taxi / have you had any problems with with your Niro thus far?

·
Registered
2020 Red Kia Niro EV EX Premium, 2020 White Kia Niro EV EX Premium
9 Posts
Hello, nice friend, I want to ask you if the miles of the car are affected by the energy used by the amplifier and subwoofer, I also want to know how to recharge the 12V battery of an electric car,
I know this is an old post but see no one answered you. You are very unlikely to notice any range loss due to installing an amplifier and subwoofer. Even if you had a system which had a 1000W draw it would have to run for a whole hour before it consumed 1kWh of energy. Even if you got 4 miles/kWh (~6.4km/kwh) you would have to run for an hour before noticing that loss. Moving the car takes way more energy than an audio system.

The 12V battery in an EV is identical to what is in a typical car other than maybe being a little smaller. You charge them the same way you charge any other lead acid battery. It doesn't matter if the 12V system is charged with a DC-DC converter or an alternator, the result is the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts