Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to use the usb charger in the glove box during a 7 hour road trip.
I have to say that I'm not really impressed. I plugged in with 28% charge at the beginning of the trip and by the time I got home it had charged to approx 70%.
This is not very impressive at all.
I'm guessing that it's meant to be more of a 'charge maintainer'.

Has anyone had similar experience or is my usb charger not performing as it should?

BTW, phone is a standard LG G4.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Is there other USB connectors other than in the glove box [obviously I currently don't own a Nero... yet]? If so, does it charge better? Also, what do you have running on the phone, as it could be that some apps could be draining faster than the charging... I used to have that problem with the older versions of Google maps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks jmcging....yes I meant the centre console.
Also, myronbg, there is another usb connector but my understanding is that is an input device only, and not meant for charging...but I'll give it a try anyway next time.

Thanks for the responses, both.

·
Super Moderator
567 Posts
I trued to plug in my LG G5 into that plug and it doesn't even recognize any power from it. I would guess that it's likely a 0.5A charge power, so not enough to actually charge any of the newer phones. My LG requires at least a 1.5A source to start charging. And as it's Qualicom Quickcharge 3.0, you might as well just use a 12v adaptor that is designed for this task. I was not happy and have complained to the dealer and am insisting that they fix it as it was advertised as a USB charger, but as it doesn't even give as much amperage as the one in the front dash, I am to take it it's not working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.