Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 20019 Niro PHEV.

In the last month the KIA UVO apps have stopped communicating with our vehicle. I go into the KIA owners portal via my desktop and through the internet and do not get current info or the ability to interact with the vehicle -lock unlock doors etc.

My wife uses the KIA UVO android app on her phone and it also doesn't communicate with the vehicle. Our daughters use their Apple phones and the KIA app from the apple store and their phones don't communicate with the vehicle through the Kia app.

All was fine until about a month ago and then it went from complete functionality with the apps to now nothing works.

We have deleted the apps and reloaded them through the links Kia help center sent us, still no luck. We are working with Kia help center but thought I would see if anyone here is experiencing similar frustrations with this app.

My impression is that the Niro PHEV comes with a 3 year subscription to the Ultimate UVO package.

Thanks in advance for any help advice!

PS everything else on the vehicle works great just app communication issues

·
Registered
2019 NIRO PHEV EX
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am okay now help center asked my to recheck car. When I started the car it gave me a message "UVO reinstall through bluetooth". I came in and checked the app everything now works with the apps and all info displayed is current.

Problem was resolved with software reinstall on the car which is nice and at the same time a little scary getting something like a software problem fixed magically over the internet through the car.

·
Super Moderator
790 Posts
Well, Tesla has been making updates via over the air for years. In many cases actually making a noticeable improvement overall to the car. I think that's neat that Kia can do something like that as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the exact same problem. I called Kia, and a case was entered. The next day the desktop and the app started working again. Kia called me back and said "a fix was made and pushed out." It was not the app that was updated, so I am thinking some sort of fix was pushed to my car. However, I saw no evidence of it. All is well now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just bought a MY20 E-Niro, have activated the UVO app okay, it seems to work except for the map - I try to use the car locator and it shows my location and the car, but on a blank screen - no streets of anything.

How can I make the map visible?

·
Super Moderator
790 Posts
I can't say for sure, but it's possible the app doesn't have maps for your region. I just checked mine and the map appears correctly. I couldn't find any particular setting that deals with the map.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts