Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've just taken delivery of my Kia Niro and when I tried to put the 17 digit VIN to register with the UVO app, this message came up:
"This import request failed because the network connection of this car is unstable." What does this mean? I tried registering from within the car and from my house but nothing has worked...

·
Super Moderator
2019 Niro PHEV EX Premium
1,775 Posts
Kia is currently suffering a server issue with the UVO Access app. It won't connect, and has been down for close to a week. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done until Kia gets their servers back online.

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Yep, it all appeared to be back up early this morning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am still getting this message when I try to put in my 17 digit VIN:
This import request failed because the network connection of this car is unstable....
I don't know what this means...
Thanks,
Jane

·
Registered
Kia Niro Electric 4+
8 Posts
Hello, I've just taken delivery of my Kia Niro and when I tried to put the 17 digit VIN to register with the UVO app, this message came up:
"This import request failed because the network connection of this car is unstable." What does this mean? I tried registering from within the car and from my house but nothing has worked...
I’m having a similar problem, the only difference is I had the UVO app working perfectly up until today 15th July 2021. When I opened the app it said good new a new app is available click to download from App Store I did and then it required me to Sign into my Kia account and then add a car.? I accepted various bit and got to the Vin added that but keep getting the unstable connection notice. Why couldn’t Kia migrate my account and car to the new app. Any help would be appreciate.

·
Registered
Kia Niro Electric 4+
8 Posts
I’m having a similar problem, the only difference is I had the UVO app working perfectly up until today 15th July 2021. When I opened the app it said good new a new app is available click to download from App Store I did and then it required me to Sign into my Kia account and then add a car.? I accepted various bit and got to the Vin added that but keep getting the unstable connection notice. Why couldn’t Kia migrate my account and car to the new app. Any help would be appreciate.

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
When you are all saying the UVO app, you do have the newest version that is called Kia Access, correct? The old app that had the UVO name in it was replaced by Kia Access. At least in North America. It's certainly possible they have a differently named app in other locations. I just opened the app on my phone and it worked just fine.

I checked the history in my phone's app store, and the last Kia Access update was July 9th. Again, that might differ in different locations.

·
Registered
Kia Niro Electric 4+
8 Posts
When you are all saying the UVO app, you do have the newest version that is called Kia Access, correct? The old app that had the UVO name in it was replaced by Kia Access. At least in North America. It's certainly possible they have a differently named app in other locations. I just opened the app on my phone and it worked just fine.

I checked the history in my phone's app store, and the last Kia Access update was July 9th. Again, that might differ in different locations.
In the U.K. as of today the new app that I’ve downloaded from the Apple store is a red square 🟥 with the word UVO in white the prev app on my phone was a white square with UVO in black. Seems it different depending on where one lives.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes, same here in NL ...

Reactions: Wobby1

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
Yeah, I thought that it might be different elsewhere. But I wanted to throw it out there just in case. And for someone in North America, you should be using the Kia Access app.

·
Registered
Kia Niro Electric 4+
8 Posts
I Wonder do I need to delete the old app off my phone deregister the car before I can re-register the new app.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No, in the first time I had both versions running parallel ...

·
Registered
Kia Niro Electric 4+
8 Posts
Problem resolved. U.K. I rang Kia helpline spoke to two assistants both didn’t have an answer, however I discovered you have to de-register UVO in the car as if selling it. Then re-register UVO in the car. Then open the new app on your phone and input your the cars vin number and follow the instructions. That’s it all working OK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts