Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Kia salesperson I was talking to yesterday said that Kia was planning on updating the UVO software to allow remote start/climate control. He said he didn't know when the update was actually coming. Anyone know? I'm hesitant to activate UVO until then-- if they're going to collect all that data on me, I'd like a real benefit in return.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The Kia salesperson I was talking to yesterday said that Kia was planning on updating the UVO software to allow remote start/climate control. He said he didn't know when the update was actually coming. Anyone know? I'm hesitant to activate UVO until then-- if they're going to collect all that data on me, I'd like a real benefit in return.

Are you in the USA?

If so, UVO already does that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it's only for PHEV, and maybe EV limited, at the moment.
Maybe this is coming to all UVOs?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Got it working-- all good. Now if I could only get the UVO skill to work on Alexa...

Whoa, I didn't know that was a thing... I'm going to set that up right now and give it a try, see if it works for me.

Edit: Ok I just installed the UVO skill and linked my account, but Alexa keeps telling me it has no idea what I'm talking about when I give it UVO commands. Hmmm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Whoa, I didn't know that was a thing... I'm going to set that up right now and give it a try, see if it works for me.

Edit: Ok I just installed the UVO skill and linked my account, but Alexa keeps telling me it has no idea what I'm talking about when I give it UVO commands. Hmmm.
In the exact same boat. Please report back if you find out how to operate the UVO skill!

EDIT:

From a reviewer on Amazon, "Just be aware that you can't pronounce it "UVO" for Alexa, you have to spell it out "U" "V" "O""

·
Registered
249 Posts
In the exact same boat. Please report back if you find out how to operate the UVO skill!

EDIT:

From a reviewer on Amazon, "Just be aware that you can't pronounce it "UVO" for Alexa, you have to spell it out "U" "V" "O""
I tried saying it both ways, it still didn't work for me. Alexa is acting like there isn't even a UVO skill installed, even though I see it installed and active on my Echo in my Alexa account.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I made a post about this... I love the remote climate option. However, I rarely use it because I hate the emergency flashers going off the entire time its on. If anyone find a way to deactivate the flames please let me know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw your thread and am equally annoyed by the flashers. The UVO app also is painfully slow and unstable. I wonder if there's some KIA employee sitting at a desk who knows they're supposed to get on this but they're procrastinating, or if they've just given up at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts