Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My UVO stopped working showing the red circle rather than bars and my modem status showing provisioned (1). I was told by UVO customer service to take the car to the dealer for a factory reset following technical bulletin ps689 rev 1. I have searched everywhere but cannot find this technical bulletin since I'd much rather do this myself. I found how to get the system into dealer mode but there is no factory reset option in my dealer mode the way there is on other Kia car dealer modes I've seen on YouTube. Anyone know how to find the factory reset in dealer mode or have access to the TSB? I have a US 2020 Kia Niro EV EX.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,001 Posts
If the reset isn't listed in the documentation you found, the odds are it requires a piece of equipment to accomplish, which means a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the reset isn't listed in the documentation you found, the odds are it requires a piece of equipment to accomplish, which means a trip to the dealer.
Thanks for letting me know. I was afraid of that... I wonder if the need for additional equipment for a computer reboot is unique to the Niro EV. Just in case this helps anyone else, here is how I got into dealer mode and engineering mode:
All-in-one engineering mode:
  1. Press and hold the hard Setup button to get to menu showing software/firmware info
  2. Tap 5 times left from the button Update (on or just to the right of the line dividing the info from the menu) and tap once right from the button Update (in the lower righthand most corner of the screen)
  3. Password is 2400
  4. Choose OK
Dealer Mode:
  1. Press and hold the hard Setup button to get to menu showing software/firmware info
  2. In a quick sequence set volume using left knob to level 0, then to level 7 and press the right knob, then set volume to level 3 and press the right knob, then set volume to level 1 and press the right knob
  3. Password is 2400

1 - 3 of 3 Posts