Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Niro PHEV SX Touring
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to disable this warning from the UVO app? We just got a new PHEV, and leave it unlocked in the garage. The app has been complaining and giving notifications each time. There's lots of other notifications in the app that can be configured, but this one seems to happen regardless of any configurable settings. If there's no way to control it then I'll just have to mute the full app (it's on android). Can't find any other threads on this and can't believe I'm the first person to complain about it.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,880 Posts
They've changed the app significantly since it was first released. I just went into it and couldn't find any way to set/change notifications. I wonder if it can be done on the owner web site? I don't get any alerts from the app myself, so there must be somewhere to change them.

Yep, that's it. Log into the owner's portal, and under the Remote tab you can click a little gear that takes you to a settings for all kinds of notifications. Kia Owners Portal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They've changed the app significantly since it was first released. I just went into it and couldn't find any way to set/change notifications. I wonder if it can be done on the owner web site? I don't get any alerts from the app myself, so there must be somewhere to change them.

Yep, that's it. Log into the owner's portal, and under the Remote tab you can click a little gear that takes you to a settings for all kinds of notifications. Kia Owners Portal
Ok, guess the Canadian and US ones are a little different. I can't get into that site but can use myuvo.ca instead. It's the same as the app. I've got most notifications off, with just a couple selected for email. Only "emergency messages" is set as both a push and email notification, and it doesn't allow changing it. Funny thing is I don't get an email for the doors being left unlocked, only a notification in the app. Maybe someone messed something up and it's not following the settings properly. Hard to image this would be considered an "emergency message".

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,880 Posts
Naturally, they have to do everything different between the two countries. It does sound like their programmers have messed up. The US site offers some way to contact them with issues, so I'd look through your site and see if you can find one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hmm, I don't use the UVO app mine uses the Kia Access App
It's under MORE -> Settings -> UVO Notification -> REMOTE ALERTS -> Door Lock / Unlock

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The UVO app has "Door Unlock" and "Door Lock" as separate notification settings under "Remote Services". Both are disabled but I assumed those would provide notifications that the car did a remote lock or unlock. No other related lock/unlock notification setting. I'm assuming they just messed up somehow and there should be one.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,880 Posts
@forby has a point. Kia replaced the UVO app with the Kia Access app over a year ago. Are you using the new app, or still using the old version?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@forby has a point. Kia replaced the UVO app with the Kia Access app over a year ago. Are you using the new app, or still using the old version?
Maybe in the US, but in Canada it looks like the UVO app by Kia Canada is the only supported version. Kia Access is by Kia America and isn't available in the play store here.

·
Super Moderator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
1,880 Posts
Maybe in the US, but in Canada it looks like the UVO app by Kia Canada is the only supported version. Kia Access is by Kia America and isn't available in the play store here.
Another example where they do things differently by country, and it often simply makes no sense. Why have different versions of the app in different countries? Seems like a lot of duplicated work by the developers.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I just went into the UVO app on my phone. Once in the app, you should see four links at the bottom - Dashboard, Location, Account Info, and More (three dots). Click on "More" . First open in the menu that slides in from the right is "Settings". Click on it. Across the top, you'll see "Personal", "Communication Preferences", and "UVO Notfication". Click on Notifications and you'll be able to tailor your alerts. Easy. Remember to SAVE (bottom of the page) before exiting the app.

·
Registered
2020 Niro EX Premium HEV, Ocean Blue
1 Posts
I have the same issue since Dec 2020, Canada Niro HEV. I made a reddit post months ago about this issue but no fixes too :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same.
I believe the adjustable notifications people are talking about are when a Lock or Unlock command is sent. This thread is about the 'warning' we get pushed to our phones advising us the car is still unlocked. Ridiculous - as the OP said, it's unlocked in the garage. I don't want these push warnings. Seems to be no way to suppress them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like this changed, too. If I'm out, I do want to know if I've left my car unlocked; if it's in the garage, I don't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts