Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still waiting (days) for customer service to get back to me so hoping someone here has a suggestion. I activated UVO in the car. When I login online I can see charging status, lock/unlock and climate data, although it says it cannot locate the car.

My big problem is with the mobile app. I login and can't get past the in car setup page for activating UVO. When I follow the instructions the car says it is already activated, which it clearly is, but the app does not seem to recognize that. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times and get stuck at the same point.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try going into the apps setting on the Android phone, find the UVO app and clear the data cache. A lot of times the app gets removed but it leaves a data file behind and reuses it on the reinstall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Problem solved. I was using the red UVO app and not the green UVO Eco app which is the right one for the PHEV. Not sure how clear they made it but good chance problem was me just picking the first thing that came up for Androids.

Thanks for the clear the app cache tip, I think that will be useful general info to have!

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's funny, I assumed the Green UVO was for all the HEV/PHEV and Red for all the other Non-HEV/PHEV Models. The Green does not work on our two HEV Niros, Red UVO worked, same as used on my Optima................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts