Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can just barely feel the difference, even on high. Works much better in my friends Nautilus. I haven’t tried the passenger seat because I am always driving but wife says it “works”. Comments?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I can just barely feel the difference, even on high. Works much better in my friends Nautilus. I haven’t tried the passenger seat because I am always driving but wife says it “works”. Comments?
I find the ventilated seats pretty effective, but then, this is the first car I'e had with the feature so I don't have any basis for comparison. I'll note that the effect is more "gentle cooling" than "strong breeze blowing on my back". :

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Passenger in a Ford PHEV on a very hot day a couple weeks ago. I could not tell the difference between seat cooling off and on, and the trip took an hour and was very uncomfortable the entire time on leather seats.

In my own car, I use a spring wire type seat cover (available most auto parts stores), that while uncomfortable, really helps out on hot days allowing your back to breathe.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
One thing to note is that the seat ventilation apparently draws its air from the HVAC duct that feeds the rear seats through the console. If you have the Driver Only button on, there's no cooled air passing through there, and the seats absolutely are not cooled as well. I notice a big difference if Driver Only is engaged.

·
Registered
412 Posts
One thing to note is that the seat ventilation apparently draws its air from the HVAC duct that feeds the rear seats through the console. If you have the Driver Only button on, there's no cooled air passing through there, and the seats absolutely are not cooled as well. I notice a big difference if Driver Only is engaged.
Oh, that's interesting. I'll have to keep that in mind as I do use Driver Only sometimes.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
As you are covering most ventilation holes while seated, it is more of a blow by situation. As the holes are tiny, kind of understandable that it doesn’t work well. Of course, I’ve only had the one hour miserable experience.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That makes a lot of sense, thanks for posting this. I had noticed that sometimes my vented seats don't cool as well as other times. I frequently switch driver only on and off depending on my comfort level and to save EV range. That must be why my vented seat performance seems to vary.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To me here in Texas, the cooled seats are an ENORMOUS difference! I wish they would stay on because I have to find the button and see the blue lights with sunglasses on (I'm short, so I sit forward of these buttons)... Yes, it's not like sitting on an ice cube, but I'm very happy with the seats!

·
Registered
412 Posts
To me here in Texas, the cooled seats are an ENORMOUS difference! I wish they would stay on because I have to find the button and see the blue lights with sunglasses on (I'm short, so I sit forward of these buttons)... Yes, it's not like sitting on an ice cube, but I'm very happy with the seats!
I agree, they actually cool very effectively. Especially once I saw this:

Having actual conditioned air circulating through the seats really makes a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts