Kia Niro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Hyundai Kona Electric shares a lot of technology with the Kia Niro EV, but it is not exactly the direct cousin. The Hyundai Ioniq Electric is similar to the Niro EV in an important aspect, more than the Kona Electric is. If you want to find out why, as well as find out how the Ioniq compares to the Niro, then you may want to watch this video.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Even though I drive the hev , I still found this to be very interesting. That's the first time that I'd heard about the location and shape of the motor.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though I drive the hev , I still found this to be very interesting. That's the first time that I'd heard about the location and shape of the motor.
I am glad you liked it. One thing to note in the part about the drivetrain height is that I say ”motor” in the video, but what you see is actually the inverter. The motor and reduction gear are under what is shown. The only way to see the actual electric motor is from under the car. I don't know what was going through my head when I recorded that part 😎

1 - 3 of 3 Posts