Kia Niro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a way to view the Energy Flow in the steering dashboard, like in the screenshot. Is there any specific setting or way to get that info? I can only view it on the Infotainment screen, via the "Hybrid" icon.

Speedometer Vehicle Odometer Car Tachometer

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Can I ask how you found it? I have a 2019 Niro Phev and it came back from dealer today with a digital speedometer where the energy flow used to be.
You should be able to scroll through the display options with the rocker switch on the right side of the steering wheel.

Font Parallel Automotive lighting Diagram Motor vehicle

·
Registered
83 Posts
I recently updated the navigation software on my 2020 PHEV and I don't like it. One problem is every time I start the car it reverts to a featureless screen and it takes many button pushes to get the battery range (guess o'meter) and battery percentage display and when I do finally get this, 1/3 of the screen is taken up by the energy flow diagram, which I rarely want.

Is there a way to get it to default the display to last-shown and also to get rid of the energy flow?

·
Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,611 Posts
On the 2022 PHEV you can program the home screen on the infotainment screen to be whatever you want. Just have to push the button that looks like a star to bring it up.
My '19 had that as well, but I don't know if all trim levels have it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
On the 2022 PHEV you can program the home screen on the infotainment screen to be whatever you want. Just have to push the button that looks like a star to bring it up.
I did not see a star button.

Below are 3 screens: (1) What I think is "home" (after I accept the warning). This shows time/date, what my MP3 was playing plus a crude map. (2) After I banged on the home screen a few times, I got the menu of icons. (3) The PHEV screen plus map. I'd like to get rid of the energy flow.

Do you know how to work this better? At least to make screen #3 come up by default when I start the car. Other than a small improvement on the map, it is less useful than the display before I updated. (Note, I was in the garage which was fairly dark, hence the map is in night mode.)
Communication Device Gadget Computer Font Screenshot

·
Administrator
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
2,611 Posts
I did not see a star button.
For cars that have the button, it's not on the screen. It's a physical button below the screen. As I mentioned, it's possible that not all trim levels have the radio with that button. Your 2020 has a completely different system than mine had, so I can't advise how to set up that wider screen presentation. I was jealous when I saw the updated model, but then I saw all the complaints about the revised pedestrian warning sound. I have to wait and see what the 2023 sounds like, fingers crossed they've listened to the complaints. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
For cars that have the button, it's not on the screen. It's a physical button below the screen.
OH! I'd not noticed that star button below the screen. That does it! Thanks for the tip. When I pushed that button (after acknowledging the warning) it went straight to the screen I had when I'd shut the car off except it took a while for "preparing navigation".

And BTW, I noticed just yesterday that I can scroll the right (map) screen up/down to display a few different things including what the MP3 is playing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts